DILR – Data Interpretation – Set
The following set contains four questions related to Data Interpretation. Choose the best answer to each question.
Each of the 23 boxes in the picture below represents a product manufactured by one of the following three companies: Alfa, Bravo and Charlie. The area of a box is proportional to the revenue from the corresponding product, while its centre represents the Product popularity and Market potential scores of the product (out of 20). The shadings of some of the boxes have got erased.
The companies classified their products into four categories based on a combination of scores (out of 20) on the two parameters – Product popularity and Market potential as given below:
The following facts are known:
- Alfa and Bravo had the same number of products in the Blockbuster category.
- Charlie had more products than Bravo but fewer products than Alfa in the No-hope category.
- Each company had an equal number of products in the Promising category.
- Charlie did not have any product in the Doubtful category, while Alfa had one product more than Bravo in this category.
- Bravo had a higher revenue than Alfa from products in the Doubtful category.
- Charlie had a higher revenue than Bravo from products in the Blockbuster category.
- Bravo and Charlie had the same revenue from products in the No-hope category.
- Alfa and Charlie had the same total revenue considering all products.
Q 1. Considering all companies’ products, which product category had the highest revenue?
Q 2. Which of the following is the correct sequence of numbers of products Bravo had in No-hope, Doubtful, Promising and Blockbuster categories respectively?
Q 3. Which of the following statements is NOT correct?
a) The total revenue from No-hope products was less than the total revenue from Doubtful products
b) Bravo and Charlie had the same revenues from No-hope products
c) Alfa’s revenue from Blockbuster products was the same as Charlie’s revenue from Promising products
d) Bravo’s revenue from Blockbuster products was greater than Alfa’s revenue from Doubtful products
Q 4. If the smallest box on the grid is equivalent to revenue of Rs.1 crore, then what approximately was the total revenue of Bravo in Rs. crore?
First of all , let do numbering for all the boxes and also divide the product ingiven four category on the basis of their respective M.P and P.P score :
Now from the given information following table can be made for the product and the companie they belong to :
|Charlie||5, 7/8, 9, 11|
1. The areas of all the products in the different categories are as given below:
No-hope –: 4 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 15
Blockbuster –: 2 + 4 + 3 + 6 + 6 +6 + 9 = 36
Doubtful –: 2 + 1+ 6 + 6 + 1 + 9 + 4 = 29
Promising –: 2 + 9 + 3 = 14
As the areas is proportional to the revenue the corresponding product, products under Blockbuster category will have highest revenue.
Answer: b) Blockbuster
2. The number of products of Bravo in the different categories are :
No-hope (bottom left) – 1
Doubtful (top left) – 3
Promising (top right) – 1
Blockbuster (bottom right) – 2
So The correct sequence is 1, 3, 1, 2
Answer: c) 1, 3, 1, 2
3. We can check and find that only statement made in option d) Bravo’s revenue from Blockbuster products was greater than Alfa’s revenue from Doubtful products is not true. As
Bravo’s revenue from Blockbuster products – 6 + 4 = 10
Alfa’s revenue from Doubtful products – 6 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 12
Correct Answer: d)
4. The total revenue of Bravo = 4 (No. hope) + 10 (Blockbuster) + 17 (Doubtful) + 3 (Promising) = 34
Answer : d) 34
Other posts related to Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Games and Tournaments for CAT Exam Logical Reasoning – Part 1
How to solve logical reasoning problems based on team selection and group formation?
Coded Inequality – Tips and Tricks to Solve Questions in Logical Reasoning
How to solve Logical Reasoning questions based on Ranking and Ordering
Logical Reasoning Basics – How to solve coin picking / matchstick related problems?
Basics of Data Interpretation – Approximation
Application of Quantitative Ability Concepts in Logical Reasoning Puzzles and Data Interpretation Sets
Cube Based Puzzles in Logical Reasoning for CAT Exam Preparation
How to prepare for LRDI
How to prepare for Logical Reasoning
How to Prepare for Data Interpretation
Online Coaching Course for CAT Exam Preparation
a) 750+ Videos covering entire CAT syllabus
b) 2 Live Classes (online) every week for doubt clarification
c) Study Material & PDFs for practice and understanding
d) 10 Mock Tests in the latest pattern
e) Previous Year Questions solved on video