Verbal Ability – Odd One Out – The water that made up ancient lakes
Verbal Ability – Odd One Out
Five sentences related to a topic are given below. Four of them can be put together to form a meaningful and coherent short paragraph. Identify the odd one out.
1. The water that made up ancient lakes and perhaps an ocean was lost.
2. Particles from the Sun collided with molecules in the atmosphere, knocking them into space or giving them an electric charge that caused them to be swept away by the solar wind.
3. Most of the planet’s remaining water is now frozen or buried, but clues over the past decade suggested that some liquid water, a presumed necessity for life, might survive in underground aquifers.
4. Data from NASA’s MAVEN orbiter show that solar storms stripped away most of Mars’s once-thick atmosphere.
5. A recent study reveals how Mars lost much of its early water, while another indicates that some liquid water remains
After reading all the statements from CAT 2017 – Verbal Ability – Odd One Out – Q3, we can infer that, Statements 2, 3, 4 and 5 talk about water on Mars.
Option 1 is the odd one out.
CAT 2017 Questions from Verbal Ability – Odd One Out
a) 1000+ Videos covering entire CAT syllabus b) 2 Live Classes (online) every week for doubt clarification c) Study Material & PDFs for practice and understanding d) 10 Mock Tests in the latest pattern e) Previous Year Questions solved on video