Verbal Ability – Odd One Out
Five sentences related to a topic are given below. Four of them can be put together to form a meaningful and coherent short paragraph. Identify the odd one out.
1. People who study children’s language spend a lot of time watching how babies react to the speech they hear around them.
2. They make films of adults and babies interacting, and examine them very carefully to see whether the babies show any signs of understanding what the adults say.
3. They believe that babies begin to react to language from the very moment they are born.
4. Sometimes the signs are very subtle – slight movements of the baby’s eyes or the head or the hands.
5. You’d never notice them if you were just sitting with the child, but by watching a recording over and over, you can spot them.
After reading all the statements from CAT 2017 – Verbal Ability – Odd One Out, we can infer that, Statements 1, 2, 4 and 5 talk about how people study children’s language. Statement 3 goes off the track by saying that babies can understand language.
CAT 2017 Questions from Verbal Ability – Odd One Out
Verbal Ability – Odd One Out – Q1: Those geometric symbols and aerodynamic swooshes are more than just skin deep.
Verbal Ability – Odd One Out – Q2: Over the past fortnight, one of its finest champions managed to pull off a similar impression.
Verbal Ability – Odd One Out – Q3: Although we are born with the gift of language, research shows that we are surprisingly unskilled when it comes to communicating with others.
Verbal Ability – Odd One Out – Q4: The water that made up ancient lakes and perhaps an ocean was lost.
Verbal Ability – Odd One Out – Q5: Neuroscientists have just begun studying exercise’s impact within brain cells — on the genes themselves.
Other posts related to Verbal Ability
What Sherlock Holmes can teach you about Parajumbles in CAT
Tips and Tricks to Solve Para-Jumble Questions for CAT 2017
4 Rules to Crack the Paragraph Completion questions in the CAT
Let Sherlock Holmes help you solve Sentence Exclusion questions in CAT
Fact Inference Judgement – Tips to Solve FIJ Questions in CAT 2018
How to solve problem on Syllogism in CAT Exam
Critical Reasoning Tips – Strengthening and Weakening Arguments
Verbal Ability for CAT – English Grammar Preparation – Articles
Online Coaching Course for CAT Exam Preparation
a) 750+ Videos covering entire CAT syllabus
b) 2 Live Classes (online) every week for doubt clarification
c) Study Material & PDFs for practice and understanding
d) 10 Mock Tests in the latest pattern
e) Previous Year Questions solved on video