Thursday, July 23rd, 2015
There is some good news and some really really good news.
The good news is that CAT 2015 exam dates have been declared. The really really good news is that you have more than 4 months to prepare for the CAT 2015 exam. This should quell any fears that some of the students had about an early CAT exam in 2015. So, without further ado – here are the dates
CAT 2015 Exam Notification by IIM Ahmedabad: Sunday, July 26, 2015
CAT 2015 Application Start Date: August 6, 2015
CAT 2015 Application End Date: Last week of September, 2015
CAT 2015 Admit Card Download starts: Third week of October, 2015
CAT 2015 Exam Date: November 29, 2015
CAT 2015 Result Date: Third week of December, 2015
• CAT 2015 will be conducted in two sessions in one day. The exam will be held on 29.11.2015 (Sunday).
• The CAT 2015 exam will be conducted in 136 Cities comprising 650 Test Sites.
• Candidates will be given the option to select 4 Test Cities in order of preference and hence need not rush to block slots and sites in the initial days of registration.
• We will try our best to assign candidates their first preferred city. In case it is not possible, they will be assigned a city following their given order of preference. However, candidates will not be able to select the session because it will be assigned randomly.
• Candidates must pay the registration fee through online mode only, including Credit Card, Debit Card, and Net Banking.
• After submission of Application, candidates will be permitted to download their Admit Card from October 15, 2015 onwards, till the date of examination.
• Duration of the examination has been increased to 180 minutes instead of 170 minutes. There will be three sections, ‘Quantitative Aptitude (QA)’, ‘Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)’ and ‘Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)’. QA and VRC will have 34 questions each, and DILR will have 32 questions. Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen. The tutorials will clearly explain this change. Also, we will allow use of basic on-screen calculator for computation.
• Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
• Tutorial to understand the format of the examination will be available on the CAT website from 15 October 2015. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials , available on the website, well in advance.
Q1. Is four months enough for CAT preparation?
Ans. If you have taken CAT before and scored 80%ile plus, you will need to put in 2 hours a day from now on. If you are just starting, 3 hours a day should do the trick.
Q2. Are you starting a fresh batch for your online course for CAT 2015 exam?
Ans. Our course is primarily based on videos that are available to your 24×7 and hence there is no concepts of batches.
Q3. How will the new exam pattern impact a CAT 2015 aspirant?
Ans. Read this blogpost to know more about the new exam pattern.
Best of luck!